I offer 1-hour sessions that include unlimited wardrobe, backdrop & lighting combinations, onsite image review and 3 retouched & edited final images.
Additional retouched headshots can be purchased for $35.00 per.
Instead of using rolled up backdrop paper, I shoot on matte boards that allow for quick backdrop changes and access to a much wider range of backdrop colors outside of the standard colors that are common in photography studios. I shot in a professional studio on paper backdrop rolls for most of 2023, and I much prefer the colors I am able to get with this approach.
My current setup does not have the space for full body or waist up portraits, so I am specialized in actor headshots which have only been improved by the setup I am currently running.
I also work with a professional retoucher, who does a FANTASTIC job. After she delivers her work to me, I add in some finishing touches like overlays and adjustments before delivering the finals via a gallery link.
On the day of your shoot, please arrive at 1719 N Hudson Ave, Chicago IL, 60614 with plenty of clothing options. Take a look at our wardrobe guide below for some direction on what clothing to bring.
Once you’ve arrived, we’ll start looking at wardrobe and backdrop combinations, agree on a direction, and then customize your studio lighting setup to highlight the style we’re going for. We’ll start taking plenty of photos with regular check-ins to make sure you’re liking the shots we’re capturing, and then we’ll rinse and repeat until we’ve reached your desired number of wardrobe, backdrop & lighting combinations.
In a few days you will receive a proofing link via WeTransfer with all of the photos from the shoot, along with notes pointing you to some of my favorites. From there you will choose the photos that you would like us to retouch and format in high-resolution versions for print and web. If you would like any additional retouches that weren’t included in your package, they can be added for an extra fee. Expect retouches to take about 10-business days for delivery.
• Bring a bunch of options
• Solid colors generally work better than patterns
• Avoid loud patterns like stripes, polkadots and florals
• Neutral colors look great (grays, browns, olive, dark blue, dark red)
• Avoid logos and graphics
• Make sure clothes are wrinkled free (bring clothes on hangers)
• Avoid large and distracting jewelry
• Studs over dangly earrings
• I usually recommend that men skip make-up (unless it's a part of your everyday look)
• Makeup should be minimal for the purpose of highlighting your natural look
• Avoid heavy contouring and eye make-up
• Use matte lipsticks and glosses (to avoid shine)
• Apply chapstick or lip balm the day of and the day before to avoid dry lips
• Bring a brush or comb for touch ups
• Consider having your hair professional styled if you have challenging hair